Everyone needs multiple chicken dishes! It all started out one day I was on a quest to make tandoori chicken. Tandoori chicken is a delicious chicken marinated in yogurt and spices and then grilled or broiled. This recipe is not exactly like tandoori chicken…. but it’s not too hard and its a really good marinated chicken! You can make it as spicy or “spicefull” as your family likes. Personally, our family likes everything VERY flavorful! Again, this was another recipe that I had all the ingredients! Over medium-low heat, heat all of the spices for three minutes making sure to stir frequently.
Combine the spices and all your other ingredients (except for the chicken of course) in the blender until smooth. Make slash marks on your chicken to allow the marinade to soak through and place the entire marinade on your chicken. I like to do this with my hands to make sure every nook and cranny of the chicken is covered with the delicious marinade! Cover and place in fridge overnight.
I did mine two ways, half in the oven…. and half in the New Wave Oven! Make sure to place the chicken on an aluminum foil and if you have one, place them on a rack. (I don’t have a rack so I just greased the aluminum foil and place right on top). Bake in the oven for 45 minutes while flipping once in the middle or until the chicken is cooked and the skin is crispy. For me, crispier the better! If you have a new wave oven, then it will go for about 20 minutes each side. Enjoy your chicken!
-12 pieces of chicken
-2 Tablespoons Paprika
-2 Tablespoons Garam Masala
-2 Tablespoons Cumin
-2 Tablespoon Coriander
-1/2 teaspoonful turmeric
-1 & 1/2 Tablespoons Chili Powder (Make it as spicy as your family likes)
-4 Tablespoon Ginger chopped
-7 cloves Garlic chopped
-1/4th cup yogurt
-2 Tablespoon lemon juice
-1/4th cup vegetable oil
-2.5 teaspoons salt
- Under medium to low flame, heat the spices for about 2-3 minutes while stirring frequently.
- Place all ingredients (except chicken) with the spices in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Make 3-4 slashes with a sharp knife and toss with a marinade in a large bowl.
- Cover and leave in the fridge for 3 hours or overnight.
- When you are ready to make the chicken, preheat your oven for 450 degrees. Place an aluminum foil on a baking dish and use an oven-proof rack on top. Grease the rack and place the chicken on top. *Note- if you do not have a rack- grease your aluminum foil well and place chicken on top.
- Roast for 45 minutes (turn once in the middle of cooking time) until chicken is golden brown and cooked through.
- Turn on the broiler for 3 minutes or until skin is nice and crispy.
- Enjoy your chicken with rice or any other sides your please! Note*** If you have a new wave oven, place chicken on the greased rack for 20 minutes each side.