When I would get the Quaker’s Flavor Variety, the Strawberry & Cream and Maple & Brown sugar would the first ones that are eaten. I always have a big jar of oatmeal and try to flavor it with fresh fruit so I figured i can try to make my favorite flavor! Here you go… strawberry & cream oatmeal! Delicioso! Also, according to the author, this recipe is only 40.5 mg of sodium… I compared it to Quaker’s Instant which has 180 mg! That is more than triple the amount of sodium! If not for the great taste, the low sodium alone should make you want to make this recipe 🙂
All you need is french vanilla creamer, oatmeal, powdered sugar, vanilla extract, sugar, orange juice, honey, and salt. How can that combination of ingredients be BAD? With this kind of recipe, everyone will LOVE breakfast!
Add the strawberries, orange juice, vanilla extract, honey and salt in a saucepan under low to medium heat. Bring to a boil and cook for 15 minutes until the berries have softened. Stir it occasionally and when done, set aside.
Make your oatmeal like normal. For one serving of oatmeal- boil 1 cup of milk or water and a dash of salt. Combine 1/2 cup of oatmeal for 1 minute, stirring occasionally. Cover and let sit for 2-3 minutes.
Strawberry & Cream Oatmeal
-1 & 3/4 cup fresh strawberries, de-stemmed and cut in half
-2 Tablespoon orange juice
-1 teaspoon vanilla extract
-1 &1/2 tablespoon honey
-pinch of salt
-1/2 Tablespoon vanilla coffee creamer
-1/2 cup powdered sugar
-1 cup of milk
-1/2 cup of uncooked oats
1. Add your strawberries, OJ, vanilla extract, honey and salt and bring to a soft boil. Cook for about 15 minutes or until berries have softened. Stir occasionally and set aside.
2. In a separate bowl, mix coffee creamer and powdered sugar.
3. Make your oatmeal. For one serving of oatmeal- boil 1 cup of milk or water and a dash of salt. Combine 1/2 cup of oatmeal for 1 minute, stirring occasionally. Cover and let sit for 2-3 minutes.
4. Serve the strawberry compote over your hot oatmeal and drizzle the sugar-cream mixture.
5. Enjoy your Strawberry & Cream Oatmeal!