Granola Bars….it is the most perfect snack. You can take it practically anywhere and they are extremely tasty! I never realized how easy stuff is to make on my own and again, it’s such a great feeling knowing that I control how much of a certain ingredient I include! YOU can be as healthy or indulgent as you like!!
Now go grab your ingredients from your pantry- I used peanut butter, oats, honey, mixed fruit, and almonds. You can include chocolate chips, shredded coconut, other types of nuts, etc.
Loosely chop your almonds and place them and oats on a baking dish. Toast in a 350 degree oven for 10-15 minutes or until slightly golden color.
Chop your mixed fruit while you are waiting for the almonds and oats to toast.
Place your almonds, fruit, and oats in a bowl. Now, in a saucepan, heat your honey and peanut butter until melted.
Add the mixture to your bowl of oats and mix well.
Transfer to a dish lined with parchment paper and press down hard to flatten it. I take another dish to flatten it. I take a few minutes to make sure every piece is flattened nicely.
Cover with parchment paper and place in fridge overnight.
When ready to eat, cut the bars in the sizes that you want and enjoy them! My husband and I take these to work every day for a light, healthy snack!
*Remember- you made this on your own without any of that processed stuff so it may fall apart quickly but the majority should stay together nicely*
-1 & 1/2 cup oats
-1 cup almonds, chopped
-1 cup mixed fruit or any dried fruit you have in the house, chopped
-1/4 cup honey
-1/4 cup peanut butter
- Toast your oats and chopped almonds in a baking dish at 350 degree oven for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown
- Place oats, almonds, and chopped dried fruit in a bowl
- Heat peanut butter and honey in a sauce pan and add that to the bowl
- Transfer to a baking dish lined with parchment paper and press flat
- Spend some time making it flat as this will help keep the shape
- Cover with parchment paper and place in fridge over night
- When ready to eat, cut them in the sizes that you like
- Store in an airtight container