I LOVE repurposing food! I hate to throw things out or have them go bad so why not repurpose them into something else? I always have about 2-3 hamburger buns laying around that I never end up doing anything with (until they form a nice crust of mold and I have to throw them away) so BEFORE that happens—- MAKE SOME CROUTONS!
Your ingredients- hamburger buns, butter, and Italian seasoning (or any dried herbs you have— oregano, thyme and/or basil). You can also add salt to taste but that is optional.
Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. Melt your butter. Cut your buns into 1 inch squares and place them in a bowl with your seasoning and butter, (salt-optional). Mix well to make sure every bun gets seasoned well!
Place the seasons croutons on baking dish lined with foil or parchment paper.
Bake until golden and crispy- about 15 minutes. Turn once in between. Yummy, your house will smell like Italian heaven!
Enjoy them in a soup, salad, or eat them as a snack.
Croutons from Hamburger Bun
-2 hamburger buns
-3 Tablespoons butter
-2 teaspoonful Italian herb mix or dried herb (oregano, thyme, and/or basil)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Melt your butter in the microwave
- Cut your buns in 1 inch squares and place into bowl
- Add your butter, seasoning and salt (optional). Mix well to make sure every bun gets seasoned.
- Place onto baking dish lined with parchment paper or aluminum foil
- Bake, turning once, until golden and crispy (takes about 10 -15 minutes).
- Enjoy with soup, salad, or eat it as a snack!