When you go to a store and pick out your jelly do you know what it has in it? It most likely has all of this processed ingredients and high fructose corn syrup (not exactly sure how it’s bad for you but sounds unhealthy!) You will be surprised how EASY making your own strawberry jelly is. I mean, as you make your peanut butter and jelly sandwich, you will be surprised how self-gratifying it is to know that you made it on your own!
Now get your ingredients- strawberry, lemon juice, and sugar. SAY WHAT??? That’s all that it needs? Yes!! (No high fructose corn syrup in this!!).
First off, you want to sterilize your jars. You do this by placing the jars and lids in a boiling pot of water and leave for 10-15 minutes. This ensures you have no germs on it and you can keep the jelly fresh for longer!
Smash your strawberries (I love playing with my food so I do it with my hands). I keep it kind of chunky so I can taste it when I eat my jelly.
In a large saucepan, mix all of your ingredients- strawberry, lemon juice, and sugar. Stir over low heat until sugar is dissolved. Increase the heat and allow for a full rolling boil. Make sure to stir often!
If you have a candy thermometer, you want it to be 220 degrees F. I do not so I just kept stirring until i got it to a consistency I liked.
Transfer to your sterile jars, giving about 1/2 inch space. Seal it with the lid. Place the whole jar in boiling water (just like you did with sterilizing) for about 10-15 minutes.
Place it in the fridge and when cold, enjoy by its self or with your peanut butter!
-2 pound fresh strawberries
-4 cups white sugar
-1/4 cup lemon juice
- Crush your strawberries in a bowl.
- Sterilize your jars by placing them in boiling water for 10-15 minutes.
- In a large sauce pan, mix crushed strawberries, lemon juice, and sugar and place on low heat.
- When sugar dissolves, increase to high heat until rolling boil.
- Stirring often, bring mixture to 220 degrees F or until you get a consistency that you like.
- Transfer to your sterile jars and place the lid on them.
- Place into boiling water for 10-15 minutes.
- Place in fridge and enjoy when cooled!